Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Some words on the creative process

One of my friends over on Facebook posted a link to a FANTASTIC talk given by Elizabeth Gilbert, author of the book Eat, Pray, Love that we all recently read.
This is TOO GOOD to be missed. It takes about 15 minutes to watch (I think, didn't really time it.) But it has some POWERFUL ideas. When you get a chance, take a look and let me know your thoughts, ok?

Here is the link to Gilbert's speech: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86x-u-tz0MA
Beyond really appreciating THIS talk, it turned me on to a whole new resource I was unfamiliar with - Ted.com Do you guys know about this? There's some GREAT stuff here! How am I supposed to go ahead and get ready for my day now when I just want to soak this up???

2 comments:

  1. Wow. Thank you for sharing that! It is exactly what I would have said if I knew the words and thoughts to say it. It has always bothered me that creative "geniuses" so often lead such tragic lives. My belief in God makes me want to shout, "Amen!" (and, "Duh!") to the thought that the individual is not completely in charge or responsible for works of greatness.

    Also,I know it is silly, but did anyone else feel really distracted by Elizabeth Gilbert's wardrobe choice and crazy hair-do? Weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to seeing this, thank you!

    ReplyDelete