Friday, December 26, 2008

Hi, My Name Is:

So I guess this is the part where I introduce myself. I hate introductions. I always feel like a deer in headlights, or worse, like a deer in taillights. I always feel like I am the most uninteresting creature to ever be given breath. Boring. Uninspiring. Inconsequential. I usually toy with the idea of lying, creating completely bogus tidbits of information to tantalize my audience's imagination (think Nobel Peace Prize-type accolades). Then I remember that I'm not in grade school anymore, so I needn't worry whether or not I'm interesting enough for the other kids to want to pick me first for kickball. But still, it would be nice to come up with one original thing to say about myself that would leave listeners (/readers) with the feeling that they know me. Instead, it usually goes something like this:

Hi, my name is Andrea. I am twenty-__. I am married with three kids and an 84-year old. In my former life (as in before kids/responsibilities) I loved art, learning, creating, and reading.

Boring, right? Well, now I can add this:

I participate in an online book club!

This year I resolved to re-explore my former (and much-neglected) interests, which has proven quite satisfying so far. I am hoping that this book club will be just the motivation I need to magnify my reading experiences, and spur me to try new genres. Oh, and if it means I can "talk" through my thoughts in blog format, I'm all in!

Cause, if this post isn't enough to convince you, I like to write. And write. And write. See me on the street and just TRY to elicit a response, but give me a keyboard and I won't quit!


Looking forward to getting to know you all!

1 comment:

  1. If I haven't said this before . . .I love the way you write, Andrea!

    ReplyDelete